Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Pysyk Family of Mikolajowice - About 1750 to 1904



This tree shows the results of my research with the Mikolajowice Roman Catholic Parish records.

It shows the ancestors of my Great-Grandmother Victoria Pysyk. She was born on May 5, 1890 and baptized on May 11, 1890. Her father was Joannes Pysyk and her mother was Marianna Borgenicht. Marianna was born Jewish but converted to Catholicism in order to marry Joannes.

Victoria left Mikolajowice in 1904. She departed from Bremen on the SS Kaiser Wilhelm II and arrived at Ellis Island on September 27, 1904.

She married Andrew Kosienski in St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church in Norwich, Connecticut on February 4, 1907.

My grandmother, Emilia Kosienski, daughter of Andrew and Victoria, was born on August 21, 1925 in Meriden, Connecticut and baptized on September 13, 1925 at St. Stanislaus Roman Catholic Church in Meriden, Connecticut. She married Robert Szymaszek on May 25, 1946 in Meriden, Connecticut.

3 comments:

RobbyK said...

Hello Cousin! I was just searching the net for a link to a church in Suwalki and I came across your posting and your incredible research. You have done so much to preserve this wonderful history! Congratulations Mike!!! Someday, I would love to take you to Poland! I have only been to see the Pysyk family, never the Kosinski family. So, it would be a great trip. I'm also hopeful that I can get my dad there soon too. Thanks again Mike, you are truly the best.
-Robby Kosienski AKA KOSINSKI. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Jerzy Marek PYSYK.
I am a grondson of Stanislaw Pysyk
Stanislaw was a Victoria Pysyk"s
brother.
I live in Mikolajowice 171
33-121 Bogumilowice
malopolska
Poland
I had a contact with Matilda Pysyk
live in Norwich Ct

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Jennifer Lopez i'm Bernadettes(Victoria and Andrews yongest daughter) grand daughter and I would love to learn more about our backround you can find me on facebook can't miss me uncle Bobby says I look like her